Have you ever wondered what to do with all of the paper memorabilia from trips and major events? Or how to display items small sentimental items so you will not forget them? I asked myself these 2 questions over and over for about 2 years. Luckily, I was searching through Pinterest one day and came across these shadow boxes. I replicated the first box to make sure it looked like it did on Pinterest, then I started branching out to create my own thing. This craft is really fun and creates a gorgeous display in my hallway.
Please follow this link to see the original pin on Pinterest
You will need the following
- 1 Shadow Box
- 1 back drop (my back drop says Oahu Hawaii and Engineering Love)
I made my back drop in Microsoft Powerpoint. If you look closely, you will notice that I customized the pictures behind the font in the back drop. To do this in Microsoft Powerpoint all you need to do is
- Type out whatever words you want in the back drop (pick any font that you like)
- Highlight the Words
- Go to Format (make sure you are under the Drawing Tools)
- Select “Text Fill”
- Select Picture
- Pick whatever picture you want and…..
- Whala… you have a picture behind your font
I plan on making a shadow box for the following occasions
- Every major trip my family takes
- Every major event that happens in my family (new baby, wedding etc…)
In my head, I envision a hallway full of shadow boxes that loved ones can walk through to see all the things my family did together.